Said to have been born on July 4 th, 1891 in Tulsa, OK the hamburger its one of most popular dishes in America and ranks right up with the hotdog as a July 4th must. In fact did you know that Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers comprise 71% of the beef servings in commercial restaurants in the United States and that the average American consumes about 30 pounds of hamburgers a year? In Azeroth we have a few burgers that our characters can devour, like the Warp Burger, though I doubt they ever eat 30 pounds worth a year of it. When I went to think of a nice juicy burgers that was unique and could live up to a name like the Warp Burger I immediately thought of one of my favorite three burger recipes; The Stuffed Burger.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Frank’s Red Hot) Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- 4 burger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, pickles for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a bowl combine beef, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste, being careful not to over mix.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and fry bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Keep heat on skillet and fry a pinch of the beef in the bacon fat to test seasoning.
- Adjust seasoning, if needed, then form 8 even thin patties, about 1/2-inch thick and set aside. Saute onions in bacon fat in skillet until tender, 5 minutes.
- Place onions and bacon in a bowl with cheese.
- Form a spoonful of bacon-cheese mixture into a ball, then place in the center of 4 patties. Top each with another patty and seal the edges.
- Grill burgers over medium-high heat, flipping once until desired doneness is reached, approximately 4 minutes each side for medium.
- Serve in buns with garnishes.